DR. SUCHADA RIANMORA (ASSISTANT PROFESSOR)
School of Manufacturing Systems and Mechanical Engineering (MSME)
Dr. Suchada Rianmora (Assistant Professor)
E - Mail
+66-2-986-9009, +66-2-986-9101, +66-2-564-3226
- B.Eng. in Industrial Engineering, Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT), Thammasat University, Thailand
- M.Eng. in Industrial Production Technology, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- D.Eng. in Design and Manufacturing Engineering, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
Structured Light System (SLS) based selective data acquisition, Reverse engineering, Application of image processing in manufacturing processes, Adaptive layered manufacturing, CAD/CAM.
Selective data acquisition for supporting direct integration between reverse engineering (RE) and rapid prototyping (RP)
Reverse engineering (RE) has been used closely with rapid prototyping (RP) for fabricating one object from another. Existing RE-RP integrations all begin with the data acquisition of the entire surface of an object. This large point cloud data contains redundancy that must be reduced to avoid unnecessary difficulty in a subsequent surface reconstruction step. Rather than performing data reduction after capturing the data of an entire object, data are acquired selectively and locally layer by layer, based on the part complexity, to minimize the number of scans. The results of each scan are contour data points, which can be directly used to generate commands for fabricating a prototype.
Application of image processing in the rapid prototyping process
Build time and accuracy are two contradicting issues that have been a major concern in rapid prototyping, and have led to the development of many slicing approaches, including those applying adaptive slicing, direct slicing, and adaptive direct slicing concepts. Applying image processing has become an interesting technique to determine appropriate thickness for each sliced layer in an adaptive direct slicing process and to recommend slicing positions on a 3D CAD model.
Structured Light System (SLS)
Structured light system is a non-contact measurement technique that has been developed based on an active triangulation method where a known pattern of light is projected onto an object. Using the SLS technique, features can be projected on an object surface to appear explicitly through phase distortion of the projected patterns. The deformed patterns are captured by a camera or some other image detection device with cheap and fast operation.
- Present: SIIT
- 2007-2010: Member of A-Cube Research Group, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
- 2005: Instructor for Thai-German Institute for “Reverse Engineering and Statistical Process Control”, Research and Development Institute of Industrial Production Technology, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- 2004-2005: Researcher at Center of Excellence in Rubber Mould, Research and Development Institute of Production Technology (RDiPT), Kasetsart University, Thailand
List of Publications
1. International Journals
2. International Conferences
- Rianmora, S., and Koomsap, P. (2011). “Structured Light System-based Selective Data Acquisition”, Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 27, No. 4, August 2011, pp. 870-880. DOI: 10.1016/j.rcim.2011.02.002
- Rianmora, S., Koomsap, P., and Van Hai, D.P. (2009). “Selective Data Acquisition for Direct Integration of Reverse Engineering and Rapid Prototyping”, Virtual and Physical Prototyping, Vol. 4, pp. 227 – 239.
- Rianmora, S., and Koomsap, P. (2009). “Recommended Slicing Positions for Adaptive Direct Slicing by Image Processing Technique”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 46, pp. 1021-1033.
3. National Conferences
- Rianmora, S., and Rangsiyangkoon, M. (2016). "Alternative optical acquisition technique for supporting reverse engineering process", The 2016 7th International Conference on Material and Manufacturing Technology (ICMMT 2016), Chiang Mai, Thailand, 14-16 May 2016, 4 p.
- Rianmora, S., Nuamchit, K., Vanasrivilai, N., Tantipiched, P., and Rammbuth, A. (2015). "Applying scanning technique to create 3D model", The 41st Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON2015), Yokohama, Japan, 9-12 November 2015, pp. 005217-005222.
- Chitsaart, C., Rianmora, S., Rattana-Areeyagon, M., and Namjaiprasert, W. (2013). “Automatic generating CNC-code for milling machine”, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology: Proceedings of the ICME 2013: International Conference on Manufaturing Engineering [CD-ROM], Bangkok, Thailand, December 2013, Vol. 84, December 2013, pp. 1585-1591.
- Chitsaart, C., Rianmora, S., and Vongpiyasatit, N. (2013). “Manufacturing process and cost estimation through process detection by applying image processing technique”, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology: Proceedings of the ICMIIE 2013: International Conference on Manufacturing, Information and Industrial Engineering [CD-ROM], Hong Kong, China, October 2013, Vol. 82, October 2013, pp. 1635-1640.
- Wuttimanop, A., Rianmora, S., and Mahattanakorn, M. (2013). “Guidelines for selecting the appropriate heel insert for long-standing ladies”, World Academy of Science, Engineering, and Technology: Proceedings of the ICHIHIM 2013: International Conference on Health Informatics and Health Information Management, Penang, Malaysia, December 2013, Vol. 84, December 2013, pp. 689-694.
- Wuttimanop, A. and Rianmora, S. (2013). “The automated selective acquisition system”, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology: Proceedings of the ICMSE 2013: International Conference on Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Venice, Italy, November 2013, pp. 456-462.
- Rianmora, S., Koomsap P., and Kuagoolkijgarn P. (2011). “Application of contour tracing algorithm for assisting non-contact data acquisition”, Innovative Developments in virtual and physical prototyping: Proceedings of the 5thInternational Conference on Advanced Research in Virtual and Rapid Prototyping, Leiria, Portugal, September-October 2011, pp. 233-239.
- Rianmora, S., and Koomsap, P. (2010). “Supporting Rapid Product Development with Structured Light System-based Selective Data Acquisition”, The 11th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering & Management Systems Conference (APIEMS 2010), Melaka, Malaysia, December 2010, 6 p.
- Rianmora, S., and Koomsap, P. (2010). “Applying 2D Projective Transformations for Structured Light System-Based Selective Data Acquisition”, the 2nd International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICAAE 2010), Singapore, February 2010, 5 p.
- Rianmora, S., and Koomsap, P. (2009). “The Application of Fringe Projection Concept for Selective Data Acquisition”, 2009 International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering, Bangkok, Thailand, March 2009, 4 p.
- Rianmora, S., and Koomsap, P. (2008). “Investigating the Influence of Color Light in Data Acquisition”, APIEMS Conference 2008, Nusa Dua - Bali, Indonesia, December 2008, 6 p.
- Rianmora, S., Koomsap, P., and Van Hai, D.P. (2008). Selective Data Acquisition for Direct RE-RP Interface, APIEMS Conference 2008, Nusa Dua - Bali, Indonesia, December 2008, 6 p.
- Rianmora, S., Koomsap, P., and Van Hai, D.P. (2007). “A Concept of Adaptive Reverse Engineering and Its Application for Automotive Part Design”, Third National Conference on Automotive Engineering, 2007, Bangkok, Thailand, 6 p.
- Rianmora, S., Raksiri, C., Rodkwan, S., and Eiamsa-ard, K. (2007). Development of Rubber Mould Inline Process and Offline Process Inspection by Touch Probe, Annual Technical Conference – ANTEC, 2007, Bangkok, Thailand, Vol. 2, pp. 1078-1082.
- Rianmora, S., Raksiri, C., Rodkwan, S., and Eiamsa-ard, K. (2006). “Application of Reverse Engineering for Improved Rubber Mould Design and Inspection System”, the 20th Conference of Mechanical Engineering Network of Thailand (ME-NETT), 2006, Suranaree University of Technology, 5 p.
- Rianmora, S., Naradech, K., Kulthong, K., Kumkae, P., and Rodkwan, S. (2005). “An Application of Reverse Engineering on 3D Modeling of the Prototyped Racing Car”, the 44th Kasetsart Conference, 2005, Kasetsart University, Thailand, 5 p.
- Rodkwan, S., Rianmora, S., Chianrabutra, S., and Pungyont, J. (2003). “An Investigation of CAD Model Development with Reverse Engineering Technique Using the 3D Laser Scanner”, the 3rd PSU-Engineering Conference (PEC-3), 2003, Faculty of Engineering, Prince of Sonkla University, pp. 88-89.